rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 68
Points 0
ashok neupane Posted: 02-04-2010 1:14 AM

i am unable to install ethernet controllers drivers on win server 2008........but it was installed on my real machine..

need help.......

sorry for the snap shots........

• | Post Points: 0
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 223
Points 0

if you are taking about vmware then goto control bar then click on VM then add device add ethernet adapter. if it virtual pc then start virtual pc and goto action and install or update virtual pc additions. that should do it!

Don’t be idiot by arguing with an idiot .

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 85
Points 0

Hi Ashok,

Pardon me for assuming your lack of knowledge about Virtual Computing, but I think you may have tried to install the drivers for your Real PC for OS inside Vmware. That can't be done, unfortunately. The Virtual Machine has different set of hardware than your real PC.

Does your version of VMware support Windows Server 2008? If it does, then you can try what gandip said (additionally, Install VMware tools too), but if it does not (the way to find out is to see the list of OS in the dropdown while creating VM), you may wish to update your VMware. May I ask which distribution of VMware you are using (Workstation, Server, ?, ?) and what version is it? I use VirtualBox 3.1.2 and it supports Windows 2008. You can even try that. It is free and easy to use and works well.

Since you have mentioned you are using Windows 2008 on your PC and in Virtual Machine. I hope you are using different license keys for both installations. Using the same is illegal.

Regards
ubuntubay

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 68
Points 0

thanks to you both guys...........i will try it and return soon

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS